Today in Mr.Rease American Literature Class we went over more rhetorical devices. First we went over metaphors. Mr.Rease showed us a metaphor "Life is a basketball game". We broke that metaphor down by comparing these two very opposite things. Saying good breaks are like timeouts and bad things you do are fouls. Then we had to make our own metaphors, positive ones and negatives. Then we started on analogies but couldn't get into it because we spent so long on metaphors. I had a good time in class today, I really like this class.
Today in Mr.Rease’s 4th period American Literature class we learned about informal and formal texts. In class he gave us a passage with no context, we just read it. After we read it we all realized that there wasn’t really any theme or moral of the story. He then gave us a topic, which half of the class had already figured out midway through the passage. That was interesting to me because I didn’t get it until the prompt, which says a lot about myself. It was pretty fun breaking down the passage with the 2 different prompts. I’m glad I had a little nice time in 4th period today.
Comments
Post a Comment